Thursday 23 February 2012

6mm Temperate DPM - better pics

Some better pics of the first attempt to do 6mm DPM for my Falklands UK forces.  Clicking on the pics should give you a larger image.
Here is the half section I've done to date.  The figures are a mix of Heroics and Ros M5-British Infantry (helmets) and M14 Royal Marines (berets).  I've given the beret figures a green beret as I suspect my early games will be Royal Marine Commandos rather than the Paras or the Guards.
I'm very happy with my experiment using scatter to scrim the helmets.  I've done it here as an experiment, but in future I'll only be doing it as the final precursor to sealing the figures with a flat varnish (after the bases are all done).
Probably needs some further experimentation with colour and technique, but overall I'm pretty happy.  The flesh colour I used was too runny, which created issues, particularly with the marine on the left.

I have three more bases to do that have only had the base uniform colour at the moment.  The four bases you see below are the product of mixing one strip each of the two codes (M5 and M14), with two figures firing Carl Gustav or similar put into a bag for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment